Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Metro Moves vs. Paul Brown Stadium


"Metro Moves, a plan to build five light rail lines across Hamilton County, a modern streetcar line from downtown to UC to Walnut Hills, three commuter rail lines to distant suburbs, and activate Cincinnati's abandoned subway tunnel fails at the polls in 2002."

While I could not vote at this time and I wasn't living in the City of Cincinnati, I would most certainly have voted for this over Paul Brown Stadium (which I couldn't vote on either). I feel like Metro Moves would have had the better long-term impact. This City really needs to get things together. The potential is there, it just needs to flourish. More often than not though, the people from Cincinnati don't realize the amazing city they have grown up in. I am looking to write an op-ed article as part of my media campaign for class and plan to focus on Paul Brown vs. Metro Moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment